Welcome to our Casa Smart blog!
Where we will regularly share great tips for your house and to make your spaces tidy and organized so you can just relax and enjoy.
Our first blog is about keeping our bedrooms tidy and how to do it. It can be a daunting experience as we usually don’t know where to start or we feel very adamant to through away any clothes specially those we have had for a long time. I hope you enjoy the below easy and practical tips:
- Get some motivation: You can use a special event such as Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries, etc or if you are having visitors to give you that extra push you need to start decluttering.
- Give your items a category: You will need to categorize as you don’t need to have your out of season clothes at an easy reach so you can pack them away. Moreover if you haven’t worn something for the last 6-12 months, then it is very unlikely that you will do any soon so maybe it is time to give it to another owner. With this method, you can categorize your clothes from daily use essentials, seasonal and unnecessary and therefore take appropriate action such as donate them or recycle them into something new.
- Always make your bed: As your bed takes so much space in the room, having it tidy will have an immediate visual impact.
- Do not throw “stuff” on your bed: Your bed is to sleep and not to keep clothes, bags or any other items so this will also have a great positive impact on the whole bedroom.
- Remove “loose” items from furniture: Many several small items can cause an untidy look even when your bedroom has been just organized. Therefore, it is better to place these on nice decorative wicker or fabric boxes such as canvas or linen so it won’t only give you a warm look but a feeling that everything is in their right place.
- Clean your bedroom using the right products and tools: Vacuum, wash, sweep, mop or whatever else you need to keep it in a decent and presentable state.
- Always put away the clothes as you take them out: Build the habit that any clothes you take off should end up in their respective drawer or hanger. This might be a bit difficult at the beginning but once you’ve embedded into your routine it will become much easier.
Lastly, it is very important to create a system, follow up and change it if necessary. For an effective decluttering system you will need all the spaces in your bedroom maximized, such as under the bed, above wardrobes, in drawers, behind doors, in between spaces, etc. Once you have cleared and identified these spaces, you will need to get the right storage products to help you place your garments in the categories you have created for them. Eg. for under the bed, you can use our under the bed storage bag to place those items that do not need to be visible on a daily basis or for those small items that you need in a hurry, you can use our drawer organizer in order to make storage and access super easy. As soon as you take an item out and wore it, then return it straight away to its place. Keep drawers and wardrobe doors shut and create this habit too.
Just remember that a tidy and organized space contributes to our happiness, productivity and even mental health 🙂